Friday, January 14, 2011

This one time, in London...

Another recycled FB post:

Travel Blog

Nov 19, 2010


I have returned from Europe. Alert the media.


Check.


Facebook has been informed.


Over the next few days I will try to remember some of the events and moments of my trip to London and Paris. I sorely wish I could have written while travelling, but when it comes to multitasking… well… those who know me realize I’m lucky to be able to singletask effectively. The word "singletask" is apparently not in my dictionary. Does that mean I just made up a word? Hey! I made up a word and blogged at the same time. Progress!


London was perfect! Gorgeous weather the first day with only a couple moments of light rain, so we managed to keep ourselves fairly warm and dry. I got to see everything I wanted, with the only exception being my relatives that live there. We tried to work it out but since they live about 70 miles outside of town, it just couldn’t be swung in the few days of my London visit.


Oh yes… I said 70 “miles”. They may drive on the wrong side of the road there, but they measure roads in miles as opposed to kilometers. Raise your hand if you knew that already. I didn’t.


Our hotel (Admiral Hotel) was in a busy area in London between Hyde Park and Paddington Station. You remember the children’s book about the little bear? This is the area where those stories started back in 1958. In the stories, the Brown family finds the bear at Paddington Station where he was left with a note asking someone to please take care of him. They name him Paddington, give him a birthday, and basically, adopt him. This book is very popular (and the bear as well considering how many shops were selling him!). I feel sad that I never read it to my kids. I didn’t realize what a great story it is. Now, however, I have a chance to share it with my grandson.


Doh! (forehead slap) What I should have done is bought a Paddington Bear book while I was there in London! Unfortunately, I’m NOT a good souvenir buyer. It’s that multitasking thing again. Shopping and sightseeing: Two great things that I can barely do separately, let alone at the same time.


I also cannot sleep and blog at the same time, so I’m giving up the one for now. Good night… eh… I mean CHEERS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment